Thursday, December 2, 2010

Isaiah 53:5-6

5 But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, & by His wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; & the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. - Isaiah 53:5-6

I found a poem I wrote about these verses this summer, & thought I'd share it (:

Isaiah 53:5-6

This was my fault,
Yet You took all the blame,
Carried the cross,
Held the weight of my shame.

Nails stab Your hands
For the lies I have told.
Thorns pierce Your brow
For the things that I stole.

You were beaten and mocked
For all my mistakes.
For all of my downfalls,
Your body would break.

We all, like sheep,
Have gone astray;
Each of us turned
To our own way.

Yet You bore the iniquity
Of us all.
You carried the cross.
You took the fall.

You were punished
To bring us peace,
So through Your suffering,
Our pain could cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment