Friday, July 31, 2009

Joy in Every Circumstance

God has delivered us from going down to the pit, & we shall live to enjoy the light of life. - Job 33:28

Are we really enjoying life? How often do we get so caught up in the problems of the world that we forget about what's really important? I'm just as guilty as anyone else. We get stressed with schoolwork, or an important election, or problems with friends, & we completely forget that in the long run, none of it matters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that we should slack off on our schoolwork or not put effort into our relationships. Those things are important. But the thing that matters most is bringing God glory, & when we get so caught up in earthly problems, we tend to forget that.

Romans 8:18 says that "our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." No matter how bad things get, it can't even compare to the glory of Heaven & the eternity we'll spend there.

Instead of getting so caught up in earthly problems, we should be thankful for the good times, & trust God to get us through the tough times. God is in control of every situation, & I think we often forget about that. We don't give Him enough credit. Isaiah 25:9 says, "In that day they will say, 'Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, & He saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice & be glad in His salvation.'" We need to trust Him in every circumstance, good or bad.

God has really been teaching me lately about being joyful. I take so much for granted, & I get so stressed when things don't go the way I planned. It's ridiculous how caught up I get in things that don't really matter. My goal right now is to be joyful in every situation, & really live to enjoy the light of life that is mentioned in Job 33:28. If Job can be joyful & move on after all of the horrible things he went through, I can make it through the struggles of my life, & I can be joyful & bring God glory throughout all of it. I challenge you guys to focus on enjoying life... God didn't put us on this earth to be miserable, so have fun, live it up, find the things God gave you a passion for, & find ways to serve in those areas.

Please let me know how you guys are doing, & if there's any way I can be praying for you!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! - Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment