One generation will commend Your works to another; they will tell of Your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty -- & I will meditate on Your wonderful works. - Psalm 145:4-5
We had 63 campers go to Falls Creek with our church, & 36 of those made decisions for Christ, plus one sponsor. I think like 9 of those were first time salvations, 3 were calls to missions/ministry, & the rest were rededications. It was amazing!
I also got to be on the Decision Team this week, so I was able to counsel with some students who went forward during the invitation to make a decision. It was such a great experience... It's so awesome to be able to be there when someone makes such a big change in their life.
If you get the chance to go to Falls Creek this summer, I also suggest getting involved in all of the missions stuff there, if you're interested in that. They have a lot of new stuff going on at the Missions Center this year, so visit during rec. & go on the big missions experience thing they have one night after tabernacle...It was sooo cool.
I had a great time this week. I was able to get closer to a lot of the people in my youth group, & I learned soooo much this week. Here are some things that really stuck out:
1. Our job is NOT to understand & explain everything about Jesus, because we can't understand it all. Our job is to trust & follow Him.
2. If you go on an icee date with someone dressed in a Winnie-the-Pooh costume, you WILL end up taking pictures of them with tons of random people. I promise.
3. God knows you. Scripture is Him revealing Himself to you so that You can know Him.
4. Joshua 1:8 says, "Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day & night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous & successful." Scripture tells us to do EVERYTHING written in the Bible, not just the easy parts.
5. Lip Syncing contests are entertaining... especially when someone decides to serenade you & 3 of your friends in front of the entire cabin :)
6. The Bible should not just be a book in our house. It should be a book in our lives & relationships. We need to apply Scripture to our friendships. This week they challenged us to start an "Echo group," which is an accountability group of 3-5 people. Maegan, Britni, Whitney, & I started one this week, & we have already gotten so much closer just by discussing our relationships with God & what He is doing in our lives. Don't be a "lone ranger" Christian... Find someone who will ask you the tough questions about your relationship with God, & do the same for them.
7. We make talking about God a big intimidating topic, but it shouldn't be. We talk to our friends, family, even strangers about everything... Sports, school, celebrities, the weather, all sorts of random stuff... Why can't we bring up the topic that should be the most important thing in our lives?
8. The Alpine Tower isn't as hard as I thought it would be (I did the easy side though). & I learned how to belay. :)
9. God doesn't always give us what we want, but He gives us what He wants us to have. He gives us a peace that PASSES UNDERSTANDING, because if we understood everything He has planned for us & how He is working things out for our good (Romans 8:28), it would scare us to death. We can't handle all of God's wisdom & power.
10. Just above a thunderstorm, the sun is still shining. Even at night, the sun is still shining. We can't always see it, but it's there. So no matter how dark life seems, remember that the Son is still there, even when you don't see/feel Him.
11. You may think you're the only one who still knows pretty much every word to all of the Silly Songs with Larry... but you're not. You'd be surprised how many people can sing along.
12. We shouldn't focus on how we want God to move in our lives. We should focus on looking for ways God is already moving, & find ways to help His plan.
13. Don't forget the power of God! He is mericful, powerful, & wonderful. How does the gospel get boring to us? We should not be comfortable with His glory... We should be amazed by it. We take so much for granted. I could be arrested or killed in some places for posting this note, but here, I have the freedom to do that. Why don't we take advantage of that freedom? Share the glory of God with the people who need to hear about it.
14. You are NOT the wrong person. Everyone thinks they're the wrong person, but God uses "wrong people" to further His kingdom every day, as long as they say yes & follow Him.
15. There are tarantulas in Oklahoma. & they are LARGE.
16. Jeremiah 6:16 says to "ask where the good way is, & walk in it, & you will find rest for your souls." Live like the Creator intended for us to live...That's the only way to truly live life to the fullest & be at peace with God.
17. Nothing matters in this world unless it has to do with loving God & His people. Share His love in EVERYTHING you do. It can be scary to fully live for Jesus because we are afraid of rejection, but if we plant a seed that can end up leading someone to Christ later in life, that's all that matters. If one more person is in Heaven, partially because of something we did, it's worth it. & no one is a lost cause. No matter how long you pray for a lost friend, don't give up on them.
18. Pour your WHOLE heart out EVERY time you talk to God. He can handle honesty... He WANTS honesty.
19. You really never know who is watching you. We had sacks for people to put encouraging notes in throughout the week, & I got notes from people I never expected. Just remember that someone could be following your example. We are supposed to be making an echo with our lives that reflects God & goes on from generation to generation. Give someone a good example to follow.
20. On the last day, they challenged us to just stop. Take a look at your life. Where is it headed? What do you need to change? Don't think "little sins" don't matter... They add up & keep you away from God. My Echo group decided to do a kind of life spring cleaning. My personal change is just getting rid of negative influences in my life... getting rid of music/movies/tv shows that aren't pleasing to God, not hanging out with people who are bringing me down, & focusing on putting God first. I've been home for 2 days & it's already making a difference. I really suggest taking a look at your life & deciding what you need to change. :)
I had a really great week, & I'm so stoked to be heading to Super Summer next week. God is moving in an awesome way this summer, so be ready for it!